MAA Dose Particle Calculator
According to the SNM Lung Scintigraphy 4.0 Procedure Guidelines1, "the usual adult administered activity [of MAA] is 40–150 MBq (1–4 mCi)." The guidelines also recommend "the number of particles should be in the range of 200,000–700,000, and freshly prepared Tc99m MAA with reduced numbers of particles should be considered for patients with pulmonary hypertension or right-to-left shunting, and in infants and children. In adults, the number may be reduced to 100,000–200,000 particles without altering the quality of the images for detection of perfusion defects. Inhomogeneous distribution of activity may result from a reduction of the number of particles below 100,000 in adults."
NuTech is pleased to present the MAA Dose Particle Calculator below that will assist adherance to the SNM's guidelines.
DISCLAIMER: All calculations must be confirmed before use. The authors make no claims of the accuracy of the information contained herein; and these suggested doses are not a substitute for clinical judgement. Neither NuTech, NuTechRx.com nor any other party involved in the preparation or publication of this site shall be liable for any special, consequential, or exemplary damages resulting in whole or part from any user's use of or reliance upon this material.
1 Society of Nuclear Medicine. (19 July 2011). SNM Practice Guideline for Lung Scintigraphy V4.0. Retreived 26 October 2011, from http://interactive.snm.org/docs/Lung_Scintigraphy_V4_Final.pdf
- Myocardial Perfusion
- Skeletal Imaging
- Radioiodine Therapy
- Terapia de Radioiodine
- What is Nuclear Medicine
Health Physics Worksheets
- Dose Calibrator Decay Linearity Worksheet
- Dose Calibrator Accuracy Worksheet
- Dose Calibrator Geometry Worksheet
- Survey Meter Calibration/Service Request Form
Sealed Source Return Worksheets
- Sealed Source Receipt and Return Checklist
- Documentation of Transport of Source as a Limited Quantity
- Shipper's Report (shipping to NuTech Tyler)
- Shipper's Report (shipping to NuTech College Station)
- Shipper's Report (shipping to NuTech Wichita Falls)
- Shipping Label (to NuTech Tyler)
- Limited Quantity Label